I love fashion week! My dream is to be there, under the big tent, doing hair for dozens of models. But until that day comes, here’s my favorite styles from NYFW 2015.
10. Daniel Silverstain – Are you still rocking the top knot? Here’s a fun twist on it. Done by Richard Mannah from LabelM USA.
9.Tommy Hilfiger – OK, so the hair for this show didn’t have any mohawks or glitter, but these simple looks were beautiful. This glossy, sleek look with a center part was all that was needed for Tommy’s new looks.
8. Nina Anthanasiou – So this one isn’t exactly a “hairstyle” but I couldn’t get enough of this headgear.
7. Clover Canyon – Created by Bumble and Bumble stylist Allen Thomas Wood, this bound ponytail looks like something from 50 Shades of Grey, I like it.
6. Alexander Wang – This wet look just kills me. It shouldn’t be something a hairdresser loves, I mean, it’s a disheveled wet look. But man do I love this style!
5. Georgine Studio– Who doesn’t love disco? These wigs, those furs, too cool.
4. Jeremy Scott – I love his paint drizzled look on these wigs. Perhaps inspired by a look created last year by the TIGI Creative Team? Take a look at Jeremy’s looks compared to TIGI’s.
3. Libertine – Damn I love the TIGI Creative Team. They used pure pigments painted on the center part to create this look, and set with Work It hairspray.
2. Mara Hoffman – This TIGI Creative Team look is a “Ladylike Luke Skywalker” according to Hairdressers Journal. This feminine and soft braided do would look great even off the runway.
1. Michael Costello – Check out those buns!!! No wait, now look at the back! Even the back is killer! Hair by Linh Nguyen for Cutler, he says the look is Japanese minimalism.